Tuesday 4 September 2007

A Shared Passion







Already 14 days back in 'Good-Old-Amsterdam" and catching up with the (Art)-News in my morning paper, I saw an article that made me draw a parallel to what I experienced during my visit to the apartment c.q studio of Lyubov Mirjavadova.
Liuba is a modern artist, a painter, a poet, and a sincere individual.
As I climbed the stairs that smelled of cat-piss, I was thinking about what Rena Efendi had told me earlier that day about her most inspiring artist: Javad Mirjavad, now regarded as Azerbaijans most famous painter, who died in 1992 and had married Liuba when she was 16 years old..

Most of his work is scattered all over the world, a great deal of his paintings is in the Henning Museum in Denmark but Liuba still has some of her husbands paintings and drawings stacked in her apartment.
Paintings where everywhere, so were the writings on the walls and the doors….it reminded me of the houses in Amsterdam that I visited, to see the works of students of the painting department in the eighties and nineties……
My romantic heart opened up when I recognized the same passion for paint and painting and made me question (again) about the significance of ART Education.
Because it is my believe that being an artist is NOT a profession – it is a vocation. It is predestined…….

“Through painting I get nearer to understanding the sense of existence where omnipresent light gives birth to color, and I, enchanted and spellbound, wander in the painting of the world. An artist is both madness and will, which, at first sight seems incompatible.
An artist needs longevity, which does not make sense either, because artists embezzle their lives. They only learn something by giving up on themselves completely. Surrendering themselves wholly to art, they would live in their paintings.”
(words of Javad Mirjavadov)

That is what I recognized in the paintings of JAVAD and LJUBA and I realized this is something you can’t learn or teach or judge.



Wim Vonk




Afbeeldingen:
Nr1 Javad, Passion, 1983, 160 x 200cm,.
Nr2 Ljuba Mirjavadov (Rubaba) Late Gift, 2005, 70 x 50 cm, black pen.
Nr3 Javad, The Last Supper, 160x220,1982.
Nr4 Apartment wall/door, Poem from Rubaba

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Als je kijkt naar een bank, zou ik je aanraden om te kijken naar Bert Plantagie meubels. Erg mooi!

Anonymous said...

Nice net als de m line matrassen